An APPI PPG Master Instructor is a highly experienced and knowledgeable instructor, with exemplary PPG skills, theory and instruction. APPI PPG Master Instructors may run APPI PPG Instructor courses and qualify APPI PPG Assistant Instructors and APPI PPG Instructors.
APPI PPG Master Instructors can become Performance Masters, Advanced Masters, Sky Guide Masters and Mini Wing Masters.
Prerequisites/ Course contents/ Obligation
- Be certified as an APPI PPG Instructor for a minimum of four years, or with another paramotor training organization.
- Be at least 25 years old and be in a good medical condition.
- Have assisted an APPI PPG Master Instructor on at least two APPI PPG Assistant Instructor Courses and two APPI PPG Instructor courses.
- Present a logbook with at least 500 hours of solo PPG flight.
- Agree to be assessed by an APPI PPG Master Instructor during a one week APPI PPG Assistant Instructor course, while demonstrating the ability to correctly run both the practical and theoretical elements of an APPI PPG Assistant Instructor course.
- Agree to be assessed by a different APPI PPG Master Instructor during an APPI PPG Instructor course, while demonstrating the ability to correctly run both the practical and theoretical elements of an APPI PPG Instructor course.
- Submit evidence of a valid first aid certificate.
- Respect the APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards.
Training and Certification
APPI PPG Master Instructor Development consists of assisting APPI PPG Master Instructors during APPI PPG Assistant Instructor courses and APPI PPG Instructor Courses, before being assessed at their ability to run both of these courses by two different APPI PPG Master Instructors.
For Equivalence, the Master Instructor candidate must send application to APPI and following procedures.
APPI PPG Master Instructors who are in Active status are authorized to:
- Run APPI PPG Assistant Instructor courses and APPI PPG Instructor courses.
- Issue APPI PPG Assistant Instructor licenses and APPI PPG Instructor licenses.
- Act as an Ambassador for APPI.
- Become an APPI PPG Master Specialty instructor having sat and passed the necessary course.
To renew annually, an APPI PPG Master Instructor submits online a Membership Agreement with payment of membership dues. Instructors who have let their memberships lapse will need to fulfill additional requirements designated by the APPI Training and Quality Management Department before regaining Teaching status.
*Note: APPI Master Instructors retain their rating by being APPI members in best standing. This rating may be rescinded or suspended if found in violation of APPI Standards during a Quality Assurance inquiry.
For further information or to organise an APPI PPG Instructor Course contact us.
For regular updates follow APPI PPG on Facebook