An APPI PPG Instructor is a role model who has a high level of experience and knowledge of PPG skills, theory and instruction. APPI PPG Instructors may set up their own APPI PPG school and conduct APPI PPG Open Sky courses, APPI PPG Adventure courses and APPI PPG Pilot Courses. APPI PPG Instructors may also become specialty instructors.
An APPI PPG Instructor can become an APPI PPG Tandem Instructor, an APPI PPG Performance Instructor, an APPI PPG Advanced Instructor, an APPI PPG Fly Guide and an APPI PPG Sky Guide.
Prerequisites/ Course contents/ Obligation
- Be certified as an APPI PPG Assistant Instructor for at least one year or with another PPG training organization.
- Be at least 20 years old and in a good medical condition.
- Present a logbook with at least 300 flights and 150 hours of solo PPG flight.
- Agree to sit an APPI PPG Instructor course run by an APPI PPG Master Instructor.
- Submit evidence of a valid first aid certificate.
- Respect the APPI Safety Rules and Quality Standards.
Requirements for APPI PG Instructors converting to become APPI PPG Instructors
- Must be a current and experienced Paragliding Instructor.
- Must have logged 100 flights and 50 hours on a PPG.
- Must have held an APPI PPG License or similar for 6 months.
- Must have held PG Instructor rating for 24 months.
- Must have licensed at least 10 PG students since becoming a PG Instructor.
- Must agree to sit an APPI PPG Instructor course run by an APPI PPG Master Instructor.
- Must hold a valid First Aid Certificate.
Training and Certification
To apply for certification, the certifying APPI PPG Master Instructor must submit online a validated Instructor Application to the APPI website, along with the required photo and application fee. Upon approval of the application, APPI will issue an APPI PPG Instructor Card.
APPI PPG Instructors who are in Active status are authorized to:
- Plan, organise and supervise all flying and training activities in an APPI PPG school.
- Run APPI PPG Open Sky Taster Courses, APPI PPG Adventure Pilots course and APPI PPG Pilot courses. Set up there own APPI PPG school.
- Assist APPI PPG Master Instructors during instructor courses and evaluations for any APPI PPG certification.
- Become an APPI PPG Specialty instructor having sat and passed the necessary course.
To renew annually, an APPI PPG Instructor submits online a Membership Agreement with payment of membership dues. Instructors who have let their memberships lapse will need to fulfill additional requirements designated by the APPI Training and Quality Management Department before regaining Teaching status.
APPI PPG Instructors can become an APPI PPG Tandem Instructor, APPI PPG Performance Instructor, APPI PPG Advanced Instructor, APPI PPG Fly Guide and an APPI PPG Sky Guide.
For further information or to organise an APPI PPG Instructor Course email: email@example.com
For regular updates follow APPI PPG on Facebook