Go to APPI Paragliding
Go to APPI Paratrike
Canada - North America

Flying in Canada

We welcome foreign pilots and we hope that you enjoy your visit. Please read this page for more information about what you should do before your visit.

Site Regulations

Local clubs or individual control flying sites in Canada and regulations vary from site to site. Please ALWAYS contact a local pilot and ALWAYS follow all the regulations at all sites you visit. Our sites are precious and their availability is dependent on your good behaviour.

Third-party bodily and property damage liability insurance is required to fly at all competitions and most sites in Canada. You can purchase a three-month HPAC/ACVL temporary membership which provides the necessary insurance for a low cost of $40. Just download the form and submit it along with your payment to any HPAC/ACVL member.

Note that we only accept checks or money order made up in Canadian currency or Canadian cash.

Temporary 60 day Non-Resident Membership Application

If you require membership/insurance for longer than 60 days you should apply for full membership at $125.00 CAD

Airspace Regulations

Some Canadian sites are close to, or within controlled airspace. DO not forget to check procedure with local pilots.

Medical Insurance

The HPAC/ACVL strongly recommends that you obtain travel medical insurance for your stay in Canada. Search and rescue charges are commonly in the range of $2,000 to $5,000 Canadian and hospital stay may be expensive. HPAC/ACVL insurance DOES NOT provide any medical coverage to visiting pilots.

Beware: Only schools whose manager has paid his annual membership fee, are shown below.

No APPI school in this country